Monday, July 6, 2015

An Introduction ~

I am Þóra Hrafnsdottir of Tir-y-don, Atlantia. I am a heavy fighter; I also do Arts & Sciences, and make most of my armour and garb.

I am squired to Harald Brandarm of Dun Carraig, Atlantia, and current Seneschal of Tir-y-don, Atlantia.

The title of the blog comes from my original heraldry - I describe it as five swords within a red ribbon pierced with five needles. The swords for my fighting, the needles for my fiber arts, and the ribbon for the blood of life. This is now my badge: Argent, five swords in annulo, points to center sable within an annulet gules.

I submitted a new device in the winter of 2016, and kept one sword, one needle, and the red ribbon - though the ribbon is now a chief (a bar across the top) rather than a circle. I also added a raven to the device. This was registered in February of 2017: Argent, a raven rising perched upon and maintaining a sword fesswise sable, on a chief gules a needle argent.



My Arts & Sciences:
  • spinning - mostly wool
  • tablet weaving
  • sewing
  • embroidery - crewel work, regular embroidery, and modern cross-stitch
  • some leather working - for armour, pouches, and the like
  • some leather tooling 

No comments:

Post a Comment